Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Comments for Kids April 2011

http://acutenewmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/blogging.jpg




For Comment For Kids in April 2011 we had several blogs to read. We not only read blogs from children but the Teacher's blogs too. So below you will find comments I have posted on student's and teacher's blogs. The one that really hit home for me is the one written about right below to Mr. McClung. I also enjoyed reading Ms. Yollis' class blog by Jaden. It was very well written and I love the idea of a mascot for your blog page. Below though you will find all of my comments.

Hi, Mr. McClung. My name is Olivia Bush and I am a student in EDM 310 with Dr. Strange at the University of South Alabama. Please feel free to look at my blog http://busholiviaedm310.blogspot.com/.

I have read your blog from Lesson Three-The Quest for The Perfect T-Shirt. I cannot wait to see what design your class chooses for the Susan G Komen for the Cure t-shirt. I lost my nephew this past December to AML Leukemia. He battled this cancer for 19 months. During the 19 months though his family and friends did several fundraisers to help take care of his medical expenses and the family’s everyday expenses. The best fundraiser that was done by far was the one with the cool t-shirt. They made two and friends of Jarrod drew the designs for the shirts. The shirts had a cool picture on back and our family motto was “Jarrod Bush Beating Leukemia” on the front. These t-shirts and doing some other things raised the most money for Jarrod. It was such a blessing and I do have to say we all still wear our shirts proudly. We also did orange (the color for Leukemia cancer) rubber bracelets (they had Jarrod’s motto on them) to go with the shirts and they raised a lot of money too. That might be a class idea that you can use to go along with the t-shirts.

I can’t wait to see what your students choose and I hope your class raises the most money! I know you will with the “perfect t-shirt”.



Hi my name is Olivia Bush. I am college student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama in the United States. I am working on a degree in Elementary Education and I am taking a class called EDM 310. It is a technology class for teachers. I have a blog that you can check out at http://busholiviaedm310.blogspot.com/. I will be writing a post about your blog and some others that I have read at the end of this month.

Thank you for sharing your blog with me. I really enjoyed reading about your Trade Day. What a neat way to learn about other countries. Will you be continuing to do Trade Day in your class? I can imagine you enjoy PE and getting to play football. Football is a huge sport in the United States. My college just recently started their own football program and it is going really good.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us on your blog page. I look forward to reading it more. I wish you the best in school.

Olivia



Hi my name is Olivia Bush. I am college student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama in the United States. I am working on a degree in Elementary Education and I am taking a class called EDM 310. It is a technology class for teachers. I have a blog that you can check out at http://busholiviaedm310.blogspot.com/. I will be writing a post about your blog and some others that I have read at the end of this month.

Thank you Jaden for sharing your mascot, Mr. California! He looks so cool and sounds like he is a very busy chipmunk. How do you keep up with him? I really like your idea of a blog mascot. I think if I decide to have a blog mascot I would use an elephant. They are my favorite animal. I think this is a great idea for my future students in my class. I can’t wait to use it!

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on your blog and your mascot. I wish you and Mr. California the best in school and all you do.

Olivia Bush



Mrs. Yollis; Classroom Blog

Mrs. Yollis is a third grade teacher in California. She has just recently finished her Master’s degree in Integrating Technology in the Classroom. What a neat degree. When she is not teaching, Mrs. Yollis is traveling and learning more to bring back to her classroom. Mrs. Yollis is a very inspiring teacher. The following is about her classroom blog and a glimpse into her classroom and all the information she is providing the world. Please feel free to click here to look at her blog first hand.

This is a great tutorial for students to learn how to use a still camera and video camera correctly. Students are always eager to use these instruments and really need some sort of training to do so. This is even great for adults.

Mrs. Yollis’ blog is very useful and informative tool for not only students but adults too. I have been really inspired by this blog to have one for my own class one day. I would love to create one that is not only useful to my students and parents but for other family members of the students, and teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment